6/1/11

My Testimony

This week my brother, Chris, & I challenged each other to read our Patriarchal Blessings every day, & to say a prayer first, ask Heavenly Father to help us see something new, or something that we may need right now, or just to help us be better at following His will. Tuesday was day 1. While reading it two things came to me very strongly. 1: Read the scriptures more. Learn them. Study them. Know them. 2: Share my testimony more often. Say it loud & to many people. So, I decided to write it out & post it on my blog & also actually say it more - bear it to my friends, family, & acquaintances. So, here it is:


I know the Book of Mormon is true. I have read it, prayed about it, asked Heavenly Father & received a strong answer that it is a Testament of Jesus Christ. I know that reading the scriptures daily will enrich & edify one's life. I have experienced it. I have seen my life become better. I have watched & felt as the trials become easy, as they seem to disappear. I have felt Heavenly Father's love for me & for His other children. It has helped me to feel love for others. I have a strong testimony of prayer. I know that Heavenly Father listens & is there. He wants to help us; He is just waiting for us to faithfully come to Him. I know that God gives us trials to help us grow. I know that the more we lean on God & rely on Him through our struggles the easier they will be to bear. I have a firm testimony of the Priesthood & I am so grateful for it in my life. I have experienced amazing blessings by the hand of worthy Priesthood holders. I know they are acting in the name of God with authority. I can feel it. I feel the Spirit when I receive a blessing or when I witness a baptism, confirmation, baby blessing, etc. I know my Heavenly Father loves me. I know that He wants me to return to the Celestial Kingdom to live with Him forever. I know everything He does is out of love. I have a testimony of missionary work. When I read Chris' emails & read the wonderful stories he shares I can feel the Spirit testify that Chris is doing the Lord's work. It makes me want to be a better missionary. I know that when I am prompted to bear my testimony it comes from the Lord & someone will be blessed because of it. It may be me or it may be someone else, but I have faith that Heavenly Father has a plan. I have a testimony of faith. I trust the Lord. I know He has a plan & that if I have faith in Him and the plan that I will be happy. I know that's what I need to do. I know that having faith and trusting the Lord is the way to happiness. I know Thomas S. Monson is an Apostle of God. I know he receives direct revelation from God for all of us. He loves us all & wants us to be righteous and follow God's plan. He is here to help keep us on the Straight & Narrow path. I have a testimony of struggles & triumph. I know that struggles are there to help us learn how to grow & overcome them. I know that because of Christ's great sacrifice I can repent and be made clean. I am so grateful for the Atonement. I know that Jesus loves me & suffered and died for me. I am so grateful for Him & the chance I have because of Him. I have a strong testimony in God, Jesus Christ, & in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I know that living as righteously as possible will make me the happiest I can be & will also please my Father in Heaven. I know I am not perfect, but I will never stop trying to do all the things I need to do. I will always try to read the scriptures daily, pray daily, go to the Temple often, bear my testimony to others, be kind, be forgiving, & be positive. I am a child of God & I love Him. I am grateful for the testimony I have & for the opportunity to share it. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.







No comments: